Designcraft has 2 large format CNC routers specially designed for composite mould manufacture.
Belotti FLA4026 4.0 x 2.6 x 1.3m 5-axis CNC
Greda Argo 3.0x1.5x0.5m 3- axis CNC
We machine patterns an moulds for our own projects but we can offer this capability to others.
We machine patterns and moulds in the following materials:
- EPS foam the cheapest material but requires significant finishing work. fine for low budget boat moulds etc.
- Styrofoam an improvement on EPS but still requires coating and finishing
- Laminated birch ply this material has a very low CTE and is stable up to 90C. It makes very durable plugs and moulds at reasonable cost however still requires coating and finishing
- Polyurethane modelboard: More costly than the above but with a higher CTE than plywood. A high standard finish can be achieved but processing temperatures must be kept below 60C
- Epoxy modelboard: the ultimate tooling material and used on Aerospace and F1 projects. It combines a low CTE with high surface hardness and finish.
- Aluminium makes very robust direct tools when the shape and size permits. Ideal for production foil and fin moulds
- CNC Patterns, plugs, tools and moulds for large wind turbine components.
- CNC Patterns ,plugs, tools and moulds for small wind turbine projects
- CNC Patterns, plugs, tools and moulds for tidal turbine blades
- CNC Patterns, plugs, tools and moulds for canoes and rowing craft
- CNC Patterns, plugs, tools and moulds for yachts and powered craft
- CNC patterns, plugs, tools and moulds for aerospace